My phone isn’t just a device with current ultimate Android application development services, but an essential belonging to me. I carry it along wherever I go; it entertains me and helps escape boredom, it gives me the directions when I am lost, educates me and offers a lot more. I enjoy every bit of my life with my Smartphone – my Android.
Realizing the importance of a phone in our lives, it is quite imperative to keep it safe and secure from viruses and other threats that keep lurking around the web. Whether you use it only for communication or use its smart features for day-to-day needs, you should keep it updated with the latest anti-virus software.
Today, when we have truckloads of applications for Android, there is no dearth of security applications. Luckily with new threats, the security apps have also improved dramatically to defeat threats in an effective way. Lets have a look at some of the best security apps for Android.
#1. Avast-Mobile Security & Antivirus
Get a great package for your reliable Android Application Development with amazing security tools with Avast software. It offers you an effective antivirus with several useful tools-
- It scans all the apps and provides a detailed information regarding their operation.
- It features a web shield to scan URLs for malware.
- It provides an anti-theft component, named as Theft Aware, which allows you to remotely lock, locate or wipe your Android; it also has the ability to lock down the SIM card.
- It comes complete with a Firewall, which is perfect to control network traffic
#2. CM Security
Securing your Android with this flawless app gives you a great degree of assurance. It is rated 100% efficient for detecting viruses. This lightweight application works at great speed, and utilizes both local and cloud engines. It allows you to easily locate your phone and offers multilayer protection.
#3. Lookout Security & Antivirus
Locate your lost Android by logging into Lookout.com from your registered email. This app will also allow you to review your backed up data and conveniently manage your device anytime and anywhere. It is a perfect blend of features like antivirus, anti-theft and Find My Phone – three incredibly resourceful tools for your consideration.
If you are looking for an app that can efficiently provide malware protection, then this one is a must-pick for you. Unlike other security apps that contain anti-theft and other superfluous features, AVL safeguards you against web threats its ability of scanning a plethora of file formats. Not to mention, it delivers outstanding performance without affecting the battery life and phones’ speed.
Malwarebytes is another app that proves to be instrumental in protecting your phone against malware and unauthorized surveillance. Some of the highly sought after features of Malwarebytes are:
- It is capable of detecting and eliminating malware like Trojans and spyware.
- It scans all the installed applications and detects Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) or malicious code.
- It scan device for other security vulnerabilities
#6. 360 Security
You can avail Android Application Developer to boost your device performance or by while making it secure by installing a single application. Isn’t it great!
This is one of the best security app that facilitates various security features including:
- Phone Cleaner: Cleans your devices memory by clearing trash files, corrupt APKs, and privacy history. It will release megabytes and gigabytes of storage that can be used for storing photos, music, videos or other files.
- Anti-virus: It features 360 QVS and cloud engines to ensure protection from latest threats with dual-layer antivirus.
- Phone Checkup: This app is an all-rounder, which can scan viruses, vulnerabilities, trash and it also allows a check for security protection. You can perform all these check with just a tap.
- Power-saver and Accelerator: Scans to detect idle background apps and close them. It also allows you to perform automatic clean up by simply enabling Lock Screen Power-saver mode; it thus, helps extend battery life
- It supports various other features like anti-theft, app manager, data monitor, etc.
#7. ESET Mobile Security and Antivirus
Use its user-friendly interface and ensure 100% protection from threats and viruses, by installing ESET application. It offers real-time scanning of installed apps for detecting potentially dodgy applications & malware. It also includes an anti-theft tool.
You can safeguard your Android device by following some simple security tips or by downloading some effective security applications. The above mentioned apps are some of the top scorers in AV-test. Download any of these free security apps and enhance your device performance while ensuring its security.
Victoria Brinsley is a technical content writer by profession associated with a leading Android development company – Appsted Ltd. You can opt to avail Android apps developer for hire with her best advices. Contact: Facebook